Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 12 and 13; Playing catch up

I did not abandon my mission, only my daily blogging.

Saturday, Wayne was out of town all day, so I made life easy and heated up a take-and-bake pizza I had gotten at Wal-Mart on Friday.

Sunday, I made a huge pantry dent! Breakfast was banana nut pancakes, made with pecans from the freezer and the giant box of Bisquik my mom sent over a few weeks ago. Lunch was grilled cheese and canned ravioli. I made a quick pasta and bean salad from the pantry.

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 jar artichoke hearts
1 serving pasta, cooked and drained under cool water
2 sliced green onions
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
fat free Italian dressing

Just mixed it up and let it sit overnight for a quick lunch or snack.

I made refried beans from a 1/2 lb. of pintos that have been sitting in the pantry and a can of ready-made refried beans. We had burritos for supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment