Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 11: Beef Stroganoff... or something like it

Fast dinner tonight, using up some staples hanging around in the pantry. It came out really good! Wayne said he liked it and Logan ate 3 servings.

I had set aside some of last night's London broil, thinly sliced, for tonight. I tossed it in flour, salt and pepper, stir fried in a little oil and butter. I added a small chopped onion. When it browned, I added half a carton of chicken broth and whisked until it thickened. Stirred in 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/2 c. sour cream. Served over macaroni with peas on the side.

I went "big grocery" shopping today and only spent $76! Mostly, I got perishables and Daniel's foods, like cheese and juice. But YAY!!!! Drastic cut in the cost of feeding our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment